vegetarian socialite

def.: A vegetarian who spends a significant amount of time socializing, entertaining and being entertained at fashionable venues.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Vegetarian Tacos...fast, easy and yummy!!!

I love vegetarian tacos.  I'm eating them tonight, as a matter of fact.  They are fast, easy and oh so good.  They can be pretty healthy, too.  Here's what I do, but you can go nuts with these.

Note:  This is not a recipe.  This is more like an idea for you to put together your own recipe.

  1. I get Morningstar Farms Veggie Crumbles and saute' them with garlic, salt, pepper (black and cayenne), and, sometimes, a taco seasoning packet.  If you prefer Boca crumbles or another kind, do it.  I'm not the boss of you.
  2. I bake a mess of taco shells.  I prefer Ortega, but will make whichever brand is on sale, because I'm cheap.  I also heat up some soft tortillas.
  3. Then, I fill my tacos and add whichever delicious ingredients I want that night.  These can include cheese (real or soy), guacamole, salsa, cilantro, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, pretty much whatever you like.
  4. Then, I douse it all with hot sauce because I hate my intestines.
That's it.  I love it.  My family loves it.  My friends love it.  You'll love it.  If you come up with anything else interesting to add, let me know.  I'm always down to try some new grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment