vegetarian socialite

def.: A vegetarian who spends a significant amount of time socializing, entertaining and being entertained at fashionable venues.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gelatin is made from animal skin and bones.

Gelatin is made from animal skin and bones.  I know my fellow veggie people know all about it, but it amazes me that I still have to tell grown people this piece of common knowledge.  So, I decided that the best way to put it out there is the good ol' world wide web.  Anyways, for any of you who don't know, or were skeptical about it because you heard it from some smelly hippie (I kid, I kid), GELATIN IS MADE FROM ANIMAL SKIN AND BONES.  So, please don't look at your vegetarian friends like they are lunatics when they turn down your various offerings of gelatin products, which, by the way, are made from animal skin and bones.  Vegetarians and vegans do not eat:

Skittles
Jello
Medicines in gel-caps
Starburst
Marshmallows
Gummie Bears
...and the list goes on

If you want to "taste the rainbow," be my guest, but just don't offer me any.  I'm on a no skin or bone diet.

For more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin

No comments:

Post a Comment