vegetarian socialite

def.: A vegetarian who spends a significant amount of time socializing, entertaining and being entertained at fashionable venues.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vegetarian Breakfast

Well,  I'm up early today and it dawned on me that you barely ever hear of any vegetarian breakfast foods.  That's because vegetarians don't wake up until after noon (kidding).  There really aren't many options.  At home, you can make oatmeal, cereal in soy milk, and a number of soy products.  But, when you're a social animal such as myself, it is hard to eat a vegetarian breakfast on the town.

So, here's what I do.  Starbucks (where I'm going in a few minutes) has a couple of options, including croissants, bagels and muffins.  Oh yeah, there's fruit.  Fruit is light and works for most healthy types.  You can always just eat some pancakes or waffles, hold the sausage.  Speaking of holding the sausage (LOL), there is one fine establishment where I got an amazing vegetarian breakfast.  Our veggie buddies to the north, in Atlanta - I'm from Miami - have a great treasure in Ria's Bluebird.  You can check them out at www.riasbluebird.com. While they do serve meat, they also have treats such as their Southwest Tofu Scramble, Bionic Breakfast, Country Fried Tempeh, and Soysage.  What a spot!  Breakfast might not be the best vegetarian meal of the day, but hey, it helps you survive until lunch. :-p

If you know of any other places where you can get a greasy-delicious vegetarian breakfast, I'd really like to know.  For now, I have to take my proverbial hat off to Ria's for having the best vegetarian breakfast in the universe.

Bionic Breakfast @ Ria's Bluebird, ATL

1 comment:

  1. That Bionic Breakfast looks delicious! I had breakfast this morning --two eggs sunny side up and whole wheat toast. So... I guess eggs are not vegetarian :-( That's a shame because I love eggs.

    ReplyDelete