vegetarian socialite

def.: A vegetarian who spends a significant amount of time socializing, entertaining and being entertained at fashionable venues.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Is Kava Dangerous? My Violent Torpedo of Truth About Kava...

There are not too many cool places for vegetarians to hang out.  Don't get me wrong, vegetarian hangouts are super-cool, but there aren't too many of them.  Vegetarian restaurants are usually pretty awesome, but it's hard to drag your meat-loving friends there.

That's why I love kava bars.  Kava is a funky drink that tastes gross and makes you feel great.  Kava bars are popping up everywhere and have opened the door to introducing carnivores to a more "earthy" environment.  But, there are a lot of places banning, or considering banning kava.

Why, you ask?  Because friendless people hate anything that popular people do to have fun.  Well, maybe that's not the whole story.  To sum it up real unscientific-like, there are reports that kava causes damage to the liver.  Does it?  Yes, kind of.  But also, no.  Through my hours of wiki-research, I have learned that there are chemicals in kava leaves and stems that do cause liver damage.  However, studies have shown that kava drinks that are made from the kava root, DO NOT have these substances and, therefore, DO NOT cause liver damage.

Please don't take my word for it.  I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on tv.  Look it up yourself.  If, after doing your own research, you feel safe drinking kava drinks (which are made from the root) like I do, find your local kava bar and enjoy.

I'll see you on Cloud 9. :-)

 
Typical Kava Set Up

No comments:

Post a Comment